Friday, January 29, 2016

Florida: Rod and Gun Club in Everglades City

Day: 201
Thursday 1/28 – no travel

All day long it poured buckets of rain down on us with barely a break. Instead of trying to deal with the weather conditions, we decided to spend the day relaxing on the boat. I managed to do some reading, mending, and organizing of boat storage. Clark spent the whole afternoon with his guitar. Well, perhaps not the whole afternoon as he did take some pictures (shown below) of the Rod & Gun Club sometime during the course of the day.

While I was busy with my indoor activities, the tide came rolling in and in and in and in. Further down the way from us the water was so high it was over the bulkhead. With the rain and the height of the water, I just plain refused to get off the boat. I felt it was too miserable and dangerous to try it.

Because we have no television here, I got the chance to read after dinner as did Clark. All told, it was a pretty lazy day.


Pictures taken by Clark of the Rod & Gun Club in Everglades City, FL:

Fuel for your boat? Anyone?

Sea Captain guarding the entrance ...
I keep feeling like someone is watching me, and
it turns out to be this guy every time.
Well, it is a Gun Club after all.

and a Rod Club as well
 With Lots of exhibits
Even at the Front Desk

And in the Sitting Area
Old Time Phone Booth in R&G Club

No comments:

Post a Comment