Sunday, March 11, 2018

Moss Marine to Captiva South Seas Island Resort

Monday 3/5/2018
Depart: Moss Marine Fort Myers Beach 9:35
Arrive: Captiva South Seas Island Resort 12:10
Distance: 21 nm

Having been cold all night the night before, I piled up the bed with the electric blanket and a comforter. With no electric at the dock, we did not turn on the electric blanket but just the added layer helped a lot. Having extra blankets helped us both sleep a lot better in the now cozy bed.

We had a bit of a delay leaving the marina. When Clark went to return the key to the boater's lounge, they said they could not find the paperwork for the $10 deposit. I wondered what was taking him so long to return to the boat. He said he left them looking into it and would go back again for the money.

While walking around the marina, he took some pictures.


New  dock where we tied up - no water / electric yet



Clearly some work needs to be done to fix the docks

Key West Express passing by.

"Freedom"


 When he went back a second time for his refund on the key, he came back triumphant with his $10 in hand.

Since our next stop focused on meeting other owners of Krogen Express yachts, I needed to have a clean boat to display. I could do nothing about the salt caked on the outside, but I could certainly run a dust mop over the floors. As we moved along on our way to Captiva, I spent the time to clean and organize the boat from one end to the other. I managed to conclude my cleaning frenzy just as Clark started giving me directions on "bow in, starboard tie".

As soon as we had docked and checked in, we worked together to clean the outside of the boat starting from the top down and bow to stern. Clark worked on decks and hull while I worked on railings and windows. So much Salt!!! It's amazing how brightly the hull shined after Clark managed to get the majority of the salt scrubbed off. To do the front, he laid down on the bow and used a long-handled brush over the side. That must have hurt!


Clark busy washing salt off the hull

We had docktails at 6:00 and dinner at the local restaurant at 7:00. Fortunately the planners setup docktails right beside our boat so we had no distance to walk to find the action. I told Clark not to do it, but he ignored me and wore his Mainship t-shirt to the Krogen Express docktails. He got a lot of comments which was most likely his goal.

Krogen Express Docktails in progress


More KE owners coming to join the fun.

During the restaurant meal the waiter kept bringing me things I did not order. First he brought me a diet coke. I said, "Not mine!" He then proceeded to put it down in front of Clark, and I said, "Not his either!" Looking very confused he then put the drink in front of Skip who did not refuse it. Later, the waiter started to put something else in front of me. I said, "What's that? Soup? I didn't order soup." He found someone else down the line to give it to.


Judy and Steve - "Blue Moon"
John - Broker
Dave - "Amusant"

Bob - broker
Jim - "Black Swan"


Everything at the South Seas Island Resort is charged to the "room key" provided when checking in. No cash or credit cards are accepted. We had 9 or 10 couples at dinner in the restaurant. The waiter insisted that he process one bill at a time. Those lucky enough to be first got to leave early. Those of us not so lucky sat for a long long time waiting for him to collect our cards.

Skip from Easy Water scratched his initials on his room key, and Clark did the same. Then Skip got the waiter to take both of ours at the same time. I carefully checked the charges when we got the bill back to be sure we only paid for our food. By the time we all got excused from the table, we scattered to our various boats in preparation for tomorrow's activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment