Sunday, March 4, 2018

Marathon - last day in port

Wednesday 2/28/2018
No boat travel.

With today being our final day in Marathon, I decided I better take care of the last of the last-minute activities. I did a load of laundry and took a last trip to the food store. Having not done it for too long, I took the time to die my hair.

Clark had his own list of last-minute items to prepare for getting underway in the morning. One of those items involved spending some time with Jim from Third Degree. While spending time at Faro Blanco, Jim repaired several lounge chairs for use by the boaters on the waterfront side of the marina. Clark and Jim tested out his repair work.


The ever-popular "foot picture"
Clark in dark socks and Jim in barefeet
(in case there was any doubt about which was which)

During the dinghy pub crawl yesterday, it was decided that with so many people departing on March 1st that we should have a docktails consisting of more than just pretzels and dips. I decided to try my hand at cooking chicken wings. I made plain and barbecue. Cooking them in batches it took a long time to cook enough to bring to docktails. By the time I finished it was almost 5:00 and time to head over.

When I got there with my wings, I found Ann and Mel with their brand new ice cream maker brewing orange sherbet for the gathering. Folks outdid themselves with food. For example, Mitch made homemade french fries and wings. Mandy brought homemade crab rangoons, and AC brought BBQ wieners.

I made sure to arrive early as I also planned to leave early. Several days earlier, Faith and I made plans to get together and go to the movie theater in Marathon for a show. She said we would need to leave at 6:35 to get a good seat. I had time to eat my fill of great food before taking off for the movies.

Because it was the "last hurrah" a lot of folks attended docktails. I left at 6:30 as planned and Clark stayed to enjoy time with our boating family. Thankfully he took some photos of the event.


Jim, Mandy, Jim, AC, and Kevin

Jen's Mom, Yasmine, Mary, Jen, Kevin, and Linda

Yasmine and Tyson aka DumDum

Clark surrounded by women boaters -
Yasmine, "Captain" Jen, Mary, Kevin, and Linda
(Maybe I shouldn't let him out alone any more!)

Meanwhile, at the theater, Faith and I enjoyed a movie called "Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri". I did not know what to expect as it was listed as noir humor. Given the story is about a mother grieving the loss of her daughter, I found it amazingly well done and indeed funny. The theater is unique. They serve beer and have tables for patrons.





I bought our theater tickets, and Faith over compensated by buying popcorn and two rounds of beers for the two of us. We had a lovely evening of girl time.



No comments:

Post a Comment