Saturday, March 17, 2018

FL: Titusville City Marina

Thursday  3/15/2018
Depart: Melbourne Anchorage 9:45
Arrive: Titusville City Marina 2:15
Distance: 36 nm

When we woke this morning, we felt the effects of the latest cold front that moved through Florida. The thermometer in our stateroom measured 59 degrees. Needless to say getting out of bed proved difficult this morning. As my mother taught me years ago, I pulled the clothes I planned to wear today into bed with me to warm them up before getting dressed. That helped!

Once again I hid down below in the cabin while underway to stay warm and let Clark deal with the cold temps on the flybridge. My allergies were particularly bad today, and I was as miserable as could be on today's ride. I do not know what was in the air, but my nose did not appreciate it being there one bit.

We pulled into the Titusville Marina mid-afternoon.




At the marina's picnic / grill site, I noticed an interesting sign I have not seen elsewhere.


I believe this sign is meant for dog owners.

What they should have at the Titusville City Marina is a "no pigeon zone". The unmanned boat next to ours has been turned into a coop by the pigeons. They walked the docks around our boat making cooing noises and pooping plenty on the decks and docks. I found it pretty "fowl".

While we have been either extremely busy, such as with battery replacement, or hanging out in anchorages, my laundry has been piling up. Initially, I was not paying attention. Then in Fort Pierce I refused to pay their exorbitant prices for washers and dryers. Consequently, I made a beeline to the laundry room as soon as we got settled at the dock. At $1.50 per wash and $.075 per dry, they offered bargain basement prices compared to Fort Pierce.

The Titusville marina offered reasonable WiFi service, so, after dinner, Clark and I watched last weekend's episode of Madam Secretary that we have been unable to watch elsewhere. Since he has been looking forward to seeing the show, the blog had to be put on back burner for tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment