Friday, July 31, 2015

Michigan: Drummond Island

Today turned in to a bicycling day.   After taking care of a few phone calls and paying bills, we jumped on our bikes to visit the produce stand down the street. We no sooner got back to the boat when I realized that I forgot to buy onions, so back we went for those.   I thought we were going to bike directly to the grocery store from there, but Clark had other ideas, so back to the boat we went.

We dropped off the onions and headed into town with a stop at the post office on the way. We found a fast food place similar to a Dairy Queen in town.  Amazingly,  the chicken wrap I had there was fabulous.  

The grocery store was directly across the street so we picked up essentials.  Clark regreted the request for orange juice since I put it in his backpack to carry the 3 miles back to the boat.

Once we had dropped off the groceries,  we decided to treat ourselves with ice cream so it was back on the bikes to go to the ice cream store we passed going into town.  After ice cream we stopped into the Drummond Island Historical Museum where Clark found many antique objects that reminded him of things his parents had.  He took loads of pictures of those antiques.

When we got back to the boat, I tallied up the miles traveled by bike and roughly came up with 8 miles.  I took a shower and laid down on the bed to rest for a while.   Then around 6:00, Clark came and got me to ride back into town to go to dinner before it got too late to ride our bikes.  That added another 5 miles to my tally for a total of 13 bike miles today.

I'm getting in shape ready to tour Mackinac Island which is coming up on our itinerary shortly!

No comments:

Post a Comment