Thursday, April 25, 2019

2019: Hampton VA

4/25/2019
Depart: Mill Creek Anchorage at Fort Monroe 2:25
Arrive: Anchorage in front of Hampton Public Piers 3:10
Distance: 3.5 nm

Clark said that we would be staying at the Fort Monroe anchorage for a second night. This morning after breakfast and a while reading my current novel, I decided to do some much-needed boat cleaning. Just after I completed my chores and sat down to relax, a sailboat came into the anchorage. I looked up and a woman on board was waving at me and yelling, "Hello Clark! Hello Evelyn!"

I had no idea who this might be. She yelled her name, which I could not hear. I heard her husband's name, Dave, and I could read the boat name - Disconnected. I heard her say Faro Blanco, and I started shaking my head. I never saw a boat by that name at Faro Blanco. Who is this that seems to know us so well?!

Finally, she yelled, "Dorothy and Clayton's friend", and then it clicked. Karen came to Faro Blanco to visit Dorothy and Clayton. She did not have her husband or her boat with her. I called Clark out to say hello, and he invited them to tie up (raft up) to the side of our boat. They did, and we visited for about two hours before they said they needed to get going. They stopped by while on a shake-down cruise for their recently launched boat, saw Sunset Delight at anchor, and swung by to say hello.


Karen and Dave, Disconnected, waving goodbye after our visit

We had a delayed lunch. I planned to work on blog updates after eating. Clark surprised me by saying that we needed to change anchorages due to bad weather coming in tomorrow. He suggested moving later in the day. I said if we had to move, we should move now. So, as soon as we finished eating, we picked up anchor and moved just over 3 nautical miles to plant ourselves in front of the Hampton Public Piers where we recently stayed for the MiniGAM.

Once we were settled in place, I pulled out my laptop and started working on blog updates. When we  scanned for WiFi in the Hampton area, we found "nautical WiFi" which serves WiFi for a $5 per 24 hours fee. Since I had a lot of blog updates to do, it seemed well worth the nominal fee. With the exception of taking time to cook and eat dinner, I spent the rest of the day on blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment