Friday, March 31, 2017

New Bern - chores day

3/31/2017

For all intents and purposes, I never set foot off the boat today even though we are in port. While waiting for the rain storms to pass this morning, I baked one of Clark's favorite desserts - applesauce cake. Then I started in with organizing and cleaning the interior of the boat in preparation for our guests that are coming on Tuesday. After so many grueling long days on the water, I found it relaxing to be in port even if it meant keeping busy with housework.

Clark had all sorts of email and tax work to keep him busy. He did get off the boat to go up to the dock master's office to register us for the week we plan to be here. As soon as he came back, he was back on the computer again. Regardless of whether a person lives on the water or on land, bills and taxes have to be paid.

I looked out just before sunset and the sun was shining on the boats all around, so I clicked a few pictures. The sunset itself was not picture worthy, so I did not bother nor did I give Clark a shout to run out for a photo.


Late afternoon cloud formations


The marina and a hotel share the property. The hotel is the building shown here.



Front Street Drawbridge



No comments:

Post a Comment