Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Fort Pierce to Vero Beach

3/7/2017

With a short trip from Fort Pierce to Vero Beach, we took care of miscellaneous tasks before leaving the dock. We finally pulled away from the dock near noon. Shortly after we got underway, Clark asked me to take the helm (not on Auto Pilot this time) so he could look at local places for fuel prices. The price at the fuel dock he chose did not match the tempting price he saw in Active Captain, so we added some fuel and will get more later at a, hopefully, better price.

We arrived in Vero Beach around 3:30. I wanted to go food shopping to refill the refrigerator, but Clark wanted to wash the boat. I suggested I go one way and he go the other, but by the look on his face, I could tell that he wanted some help scrubbing the salt off the decks. Working together it took over two hours to get Sunset Delight clean of grime and salt.

When we finally called it quits on the boat washing just after 6:00, my stomach suggested that eating food was a much better idea than shopping for it. Clark asked if we were going to the food store before or after dinner, and I announced that we were not going at all tonight. Tomorrow morning will be soon enough as long as it is before lunch.

Clark grabbed a couple of great photos before the sun disappeared, and then, after dinner, we relaxed for a change.






No comments:

Post a Comment