Saturday, April 1, 2017

New Bern farmer's market

4/1/2017

We started the day with a trip into New Bern to visit the every-Saturday farmer's market. As Clark said while we walked through the booths, it was more crafts than food. We did find a couple of vendors of fresh vegetables and selected some from one of them. I decided I could not pass on the fresh-baked cookies I found there and grabbed a snicker-doodle for myself. Yummy!

With a number of stops required to gather supplies for the boat, we did not dally overly long at the farmer's market. As we so often do when we are at a stop where our car is waiting for us, we hit multiple stores on our day out with the car. We visited Walgreens for health-related items and Lowes because the nearest Home Depot is 30 miles away.  Then, I started getting a headache either from hunger, a need for water, or both, so we stopped at Arby's and had roast beef sandwiches before continuing on our way to shopping at Publix.

With the items I bought at Lowes, I had a little craft project for myself and spent the rest of the day, after returning to the boat, sewing on my Janome sewing machine to complete my project. Jeff, Devon, Sierra and Violet are coming to visit, and I am working to prep the boat for their time on board.

We forgot to bring our camera with us when we went into town to the farmer's market. Other than the stalls at the craft fair cum farmer's market, we saw nothing today that would warrant picture taking. Clark did remember to check on the sunset tonight.





We continue to have WiFi / internet access issues. It comes and goes, so service is totally unpredictable . I heard Clark leaving a message for the sales rep for our WiFi booster. I could not believe I heard him say "...it would better serve as a boat anchor!" Clark is very frustrated and of the opinion that the unit we received is faulty and needs to be replaced.

No comments:

Post a Comment