Friday, September 4, 2015

Rumson, NJ: Day 2

Just a short update to yesterday's blog entry.

We ran around doing errands today.  It turns out that Clark got the car working well after I called it a night.  He got the battery charged enough to take the car out for a drive around the neighborhood around 1 o'clock in the morning or maybe later.  I really could not say since I was fast asleep and didn't even know he went out for a ride.  First he charged the battery.  Then to get rid of the diagnostic codes on the display, he disconnected the battery for all intents and purposes "rebooting" the car.  It worked - no more diagnostics.  We drove it around today to help charge the battery.

I was able to finish all my laundry today using the paper clip "fixed" washer.  While Clark was out buying boat supplies, he stopped by the appliance service center and bought the true replacement part for $35.  He is in the laundry room now disassembling the washer to replace the paper clip with the legit part.  He hasn't a clue how to wash clothes in the washer, but he is a wiz at fixing it!

I went to lunch today with one of my closest friends, and we enjoyed a nice long chat at Zoe's Bistro in Little Silver, NJ catching up on what's been happening while I've been away.  After lunch I had a few food errands to run to stock up on essentials while we are here.  I tried hard not to over buy and only bought more than I could use in the next few days on items I can easily throw in the car and bring back to the boat with me.

As I am typing my blog tonight, I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my son Chris and his wife Heather.  They are driving down late tonight to avoid, if possible, the zoo of traffic coming to NJ from Connecticut for Labor Day weekend.  On a good day the trip takes 3 hours, but we haven't seen a good day's travel time for the CT-NJ trip in quite some time. Recently, due to traffic, it has been taking more like four.

The weather cooled down quite a bit today from yesterday from 90 something to 70 something.  I'm hoping the trend of warm, not hot, weather continues as I much prefer it to sweltering heat.

That's all for today as I have to go help reassemble the washing machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment