Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Marathon, Florida - boat chores

Wednesday 1/17/2018
No Boat Travel

Having done all the running-around-by-bicycle chores yesterday, today we did stay-on-board chores. My day consisted of laundry and inside boat cleaning. When not busy with either of those tasks, I indulged in reading my latest novel. I am on book 4 of a six-book series called Pomp and Poverty and set circa 1900 or so. Detailing the lives of the rich lords versus the working poor, the series contains mystery, suspense, romance, and murder, but no comedy that I have found. For such a sobering book, it is a definite page-turner.

Clark, on the other hand, had a visitor. When we went to the Key West Seafood festival, Clark got the name of a member of the United States Power Squadron that does Vessel Safety Checks here in Marathon. They set one o'clock today for her inspection. The good news is that Sunset Delight passed the inspection, and we now have a sticker on the window saying we have been checked and meet safety standards. This should deter the Coast Guard from boarding us for a random vessel safety check when underway. However, as Jeff and Devon can attest to, this did not stop the USCG from boarding us last spring.

After the safety inspector left, Clark pulled out some sandpaper and did prep work for some upcoming varnishing needed on the boat exterior. He has been consulting with Jim from Hour Plan for guidance on how to go about touching up some needy spots. 

The wind continues to howl and, although I cannot truly complain about it being cold here compared to other parts of the country, I certainly do not feel like hanging around outside in the chilly wind. I hung out on board this afternoon simply entertaining myself (that means playing games on my tablet). Suddenly I looked up and found the sky bright red in the evening sky. I yelled for Clark to quick grab the camera.



Sunset over Faro Blanco
(pool in foreground)

No comments:

Post a Comment