Friday, July 8, 2016

VA: Onancock

Day 350 – Part 2
NM Traveled: 18

NM to Date: 5706

After our short stop at Tangier Island we traveled to another spot that we knew other loopers had visited and had heard we should include in our itinerary - Onancock (Oh-NAN-cock), Virginia. 

Entering Onancock Creek from
Chesapeake Bay
The heat has been oppressive. Even though we arrived after 5:00, just tying up at the docks made me feel like I was melting. We turned on the air conditioning in the boat as soon as we docked, and after checking in, we went on board and just sat on the boat trying to get ourselves cooled down a bit. 

We talked about going into town for the "second-Friday-of-the-month" special events of live music and longer hours for stores and restaurants or perhaps just eating out at the restaurant right next to the marina. After the long day of touring and travel, neither of us truly felt like it, so I cooked on board. 

We have the ability to plug in my electric appliances on the transom, so I cooked outdoors. I made a one-pot pasta dish with enough leftover to eat the same tomorrow. Yay - a day with no cooking in the heat!

After dinner I worked on the dishes while Clark went out for a walk around the local area. He took some amazing pictures!

Reflections - bridge

Same bridge - street view

View from bridge to left

View from bridge to right

Sunset Reflection

Cloud reflections

Wispy Clouds

Night sky clouds at Onancock, VA

I should have gone for a walk with him and left the dishes for later!

No comments:

Post a Comment