Sunday, February 12, 2017

Views from Faro Blanco, Marathon, FL

2/12/2017

Clark packed up his toolbox, volt meter, and contact cleaner and headed off to visit Lone Star to see what electrical problems ailed that boat. I figured he'd be gone for a while, so I went out to stroll the docks. I met a person I had not met previously, Audrey, from Carabelle, Florida and we talked for quite some time as I stood on the dock behind her boat.

When I left there, I walked past Third Degree and found Faith sitting on the deck reading a magazine. We started talking and after a while I climbed on board to get comfortable since it was clear we would be chatting for a while. I could spy on Clark from Faith's boat and see him busy with his meter checking out their wiring. He showed no signs of stopping whatever he was doing over there.

Finally, as I left Faith's boat and passed behind Lone Star on the way back to Sunset Delight, I asked him, "How's it going?" Since it was already way past lunch time, I convinced him to take a break and come back to the boat to get a bite. As soon as he had eaten, he was back out the door and back on his way to dig right back into their wiring problem. He finished his analysis of their boat around 3:00 in the afternoon and left them ordering some new parts.

At 5:00 we did a Skype session with my elder son and his family partially to wish him a happy birthday and partially to get to see the grandchildren. Sierra is almost three and she wanted to play peek-a-boo via Skype by continually popping into and out of the picture. Skype did not want to play and kept freezing the picture, so she was either frozen in or, more often, frozen out of the picture.

After our call, we headed out  to see if anyone remained at docktails. We found a few boaters hanging around enjoying the cool evening breeze. Clark managed to get a few photos of the marina and the sunset in between chatting with our boater acquaintances.


Looking East from the Faro Blanco lighthouse

Osprey docked at Faro Blanco

Looking west from Faro Blanco
through privately-owned Palm Island 


Faro Blanco Marina Lighthouse,
Marathon, FL


Sunset seen from Faro Blanco



Sunset seen from Faro Blanco



No comments:

Post a Comment