Wednesday, December 27, 2023

2023: Pot Luck Lunch at Marlin Bay

 25 December 2023
no travel

Last year we had a holiday luncheon at Marlin Bay, so I wondered if one would be held this year for Christmas. I wandered around from boat to boat asking folks their plans. I found some who had family visiting, some that would be away that day, and a surprising number of folks who would be available and would like to attend a pot luck lunch. 

After checking on availability of the Captains' Lounge for such an event, I sorted through my boat cards and put together a contact list and texted an invite to those who had shown an interest. I received additional names either via text or by word of mouth and ended up with about 20 people planning to attend.

The shindig started at noon and went until about 3:00. We had a good turnout and lots of delicious food.










The marina provided the space and some of the food to share. Some of the staff were present to help us celebrate the day.





1 comment: