Wednesday, November 13, 2019

2019: Vero Beach Veterans Memorial Park

10 November 2019
No boat travel.

Even though the thermometer showed 88 degrees, I decided that I needed to get out for some exercise today, and I was going by bike. I could not convince Clark to leave the boat as he planned to work on touching up the fiberglass where it had sustained a few dings.  It turned out that with a cool breeze to moderate the heat, I could not have picked a better time for a ride on my bike.

My original plan was to bike to the Vero Beach farmer's market as I was told it is held on Sunday's. However, just before I left, we found out that the farmer's market is on Saturday, so I missed it. With the miserable wind and rain yesterday morning, I wondered if it even happened. Fortunately, I did not need anything - it was just a destination to give me somewhere to aim for. Since I was already geared up with the bike ready to go, I decided to head out just for the exercise.

Since I had dessert last night, going to the ice cream store was out of the question for today's destination. Looking for a relatively quiet street, I headed down Mockingbird Drive - not quite sure where I might end up. As I peddled along, I came upon the Vero Beach Veterans Memorial Island Sanctuary. Since the next day would be Veteran's Day, it seemed like the perfect place to think about and show respect for those who have and do serve to keep our country free.





Vietnam Veteran's Memorial

Tribute to local heroes and their families

Cenotaphs and Grove of Trees Memorial

The rest of the day we remained on the boat. After dinner, we had a lovely, long face-time call with our son and granddaughters in Idaho. Afterwards, we watched a little television before calling it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment