Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Sunset Celebration - Looper Party

Sunday 2/25/2018
No boat travel.

I did something today that I almost never do - I went shopping by myself. I pulled out my bicycle and rode the two miles to Kmart to buy myself some new clothes. Clark offered to come with me but I said he did not need to come. Because I planned on browsing, trying on clothes, and taking my time, I did not want to feel rushed by having anyone else with me. After spending a large chunk of the morning in the store, I felt accomplished as I came back with several new shirts and pairs of shorts.

Sandy had offered to take me with her at 1:30 to Publix shopping, so after lunch we left to buy food. Unfortunately I had forgotten that the Sunset Celebration party scheduled for today started as early as 3:15. Since we had no car, Clark and I planned to walk there and needed to leave at 2:45.

Sandy and I returned from the trip to Publix at 2:45. I had no time to prepare food for the event. I could not go empty-handed. Suddenly I had to improvise and threw together a veggie and dip plate that was not what I intended to bring.

At 3:00 we finally set out for the party. When we reached the end of the property, Clark got a text from Jim and Faith asking where we were. Apparently we had a miscommunication. Earlier in the day Clark had asked Jim if he could take our chairs to the party in his truck. Jim interpreted the request as 'could we have a ride' and said yes. Clark thought only the chairs could get a ride.

It all turned out well because Jim found us at the entrance/exit to Faro Blanco, picked us up, and delivered us (and our chairs) to the party in plenty of time to hear the presentation on navigation software that Clark had not wanted to miss. Unfortunately the presentation was short and lacked content, so we could have missed it and no worries!

As we rushed to get out of Faro Blanco with the expectation of walking to the party, we spied a familiar and unexpected person standing in the middle of the road. It felt like a blast from the past. Bob from Knot Sew Easy stood in our path!  Wow! Shocker! Thinking we were overly late already, I apologetically gave Bob a quick hug with promises to talk to him at the Sunset Celebration party.


Ev with Bob and Liz Knot Sew Easy

The Sunset Celebration is a party hosted at Banana Bay the last Sunday in February every year for any loopers - past or present. It's like a family reunion with our looper family. We got to see and spend time with folks we know from prior years as well as those we met just this year.


Wendy and Mia - La Cigale

Wilson Girls - Mia, AnnaMay, and Ella - La Cigale
with Maddie Waldrot - Dixie Belle

Looper Group

Loopers at Sunset Celebration

Sponsor - Michael Martin - Curtis Stokes Brokers
AGLCA Director - Kim Russo
Looper - Bobby Wilson - La Cigale

Of course it would not be a sunset celebration with a sunset.


Sunset as seen from Banana Bay Marina

Sunset at Sunset Celebration




Every year the band "4 Sheets to the Wind" is invited back to play for the devoted loopers who love their music.



4 Sheets to the Wind

We left the party with Jim and Faith around 6:30 or so. When we got back to Faro Blanco, we found Liz and Bob and their new-to-them 35' motor home walking the docks. I also got to meet their boxer named Maggie. We talked until 9:00 when they left to take Maggie for a walk.

The food at the party was not that great. I saw crackers in a large variety of forms, a few veggies and dips, and a bunch of desserts. I was lucky enough to snag one chicken wing. Clark was not so lucky. When he got there, they were all gone. Even with the rather poor options, I managed to find enough food that I forgot about dinner. Clark did not, and at 9:30 he said, "I'm hungry! I couldn't find anything to eat at the party."

Fortunately I had leftovers in the fridge, so very rapidly I produced a spaghetti dinner complete with salad and vegetables. Even though I had not felt hungry, when I smelled the food, I decided to partake as well.







No comments:

Post a Comment