Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Marathon - a day for birthdays

Tuesday 2/20/2018
No boat travel.

We have guests coming to visit tomorrow, so I worked on sprucing the place up a bit and pulling out the guest bedding, etc in preparation for their visit. While I did this, Clark worked on taxes. Neither of us was having much fun! As part of my clean up, I decided to do a load of laundry. Hopeful that I was early enough to beat the crowd, I was disappointed to find both dryers going and someone just starting loads in both washers. I set my timer on my cell phone for 35 minutes and put my laundry "in queue".

While at the laundry, I talked to Kevin from Lone Star who said I could come for a tour of her boat this morning. Also, while doing laundry, I met Jenny and Bill who came into Faro Blanco late yesterday afternoon on Sea-Jay.

When my laundry was done around 11:30, Clark and I walked over to see Kevin and Steve's boat. We got a nice tour of their beautiful new-to-them Selene. Their new Lone Star is a real beauty! As we finished our tour, Kevin exclaimed "Rowe Boat is here!", so we all walked over to welcome the new arrivals. I briefly met Leanne and Mike a couple of years ago but do not know them as well as others here at the marina do.

After returning to our boat, we ate lunch and I jumped back into boat cleaning. Clark finished his tax paperwork and headed off to the post office by bicycle as I left to get a much-needed shower. We had a dinner date to help Jim on Hour Plan celebrate his birthday. The agreed upon departure time being 4:30, I had time to sit, relax and cool down before we had to get ready to leave.

At 4:30 Clark and I joined the others going to the birthday celebration at the Steak and Lobster House. We could have walked but Jim from Shell Belle called for a taxi van. I wondered what vehicle would hold all 7 of us. The one that finally arrived had room for 6 passengers. Clark made an imaginary seat for himself in between the two centrally-located bucket seats. Thank goodness the restaurant is a short distance away.

Eight of us (Jim / AC, Jim / Mandy, Clark / Ev, and Bill / Alice) had dinner together. At dessert time the waitress asked me the birthday boy's name and shortly thereafter several waiters appeared singing a happy birthday song.


Our birthday celebration group at Steak & Lobster House

Key Lime Pie with a candle

Having heard the waiters singing, and not to be outdone, a large group of Faro Blanco boaters who were dining in the private room nearby came over to our table loudly singing happy birthday to Jim. He appeared somewhat embarrassed by so much attention.


Crowd of boaters singing happy birthday to Jim

Alice, Jim and Mandy
Is Jim red or is that from the sun?

Jim is not the only one celebrating a birthday today. Although we are too many miles away to participate in their celebrations, two of our granddaughters (cousins to each other) had birthdays today. Sierra, daughter of our son Jeff, turned 4 a,nd Lillian aka Lily, daughter of our son Chris, turned 2.


Sierra's 4th Birthday
celebrating in Colorado

When I showed Sierra's birthday picture to Mandy, she said, "It's a Frozen Cake." I replied, "How do you know?" I thought she meant it was an ice cream cake from Carvel. She meant it contained characters and scenery one would see in the Disney movie "Frozen". Shame on me for not noticing the elaborate creation.


Lily's 2nd Birthday
celebrating in upstate New York

Because we happened to be at the restaurant at sunset time, I saw a Facebook inquiry from Jen on Fat-n-Sassy asking "Where's Clark?" with an attached sunset picture.


Nice sunset picture
(taken by "Captain Jen" - thanks again Jen)





No comments:

Post a Comment