Sunday, February 25, 2018

Key's Fisheries

Wednesday 2/21/2018
No Boat Travel.

Having done most of the boat cleanup and preparation for our friends from New Jersey coming to visit, I spent the morning on last-minute tasks waiting for their arrival. I attended Lycoming College in Pennsylvania with Darlene, so I have known her almost forever. Clark and I met her husband, Mike, many years ago as well when we were all young and working for Bell Laboratories in Holmdel, New Jersey.

Mike and Darlene arrived around 1:30. I pulled out food for sandwiches, and we sat, ate and talked, talked, talked. I asked them what they wanted to see / do in Marathon, and their first priority was a trip to the Keys Fisheries for snow crab claws.





Although Clark and I have visited Key's Fisheries in the past, we have never ventured upstairs to the bar before. Here we had drinks, snow crab claws, peel and eat shrimp, and crab and spinach dip appetizers. While there we spied something we would not expect to see.


Throw Ring from Barnegat Light in Barnegat, NJ



Key's Fisheries Dining 




Afterwards, we moved downstairs where we could order something a bit more filling to complete our meal. Clark and I shared a grouper sandwich while Mike and Darlene shared a lobster roll. Clark even managed to capture a sunset picture.




After dinner, we walked back to the boat where we continued to talk well into the night.



No comments:

Post a Comment